It's been a while since I updated my blog. I could probably try to play catch up with photos but that would take too long. That is what kept me from posting, the feeling that I had to play catch up. But the longer I take to catch up, the longer I get behind.
I had a CRAZY day yesterday. It all started the night before. I picked Bill up from St George very late at night so his truck could get worked on. By the time I got home and unwound, I went to bed around 1 AM just to wake up at 5:45 AM. Now what I don't understand is my inner child winning that debate. I KNEW I had to get up early, but I stayed up late playing on the computer because I could. Sometimes my inner child has more sway on decisions that I would like to admit. :-)
Anyhow, I woke the boys up and went over their carry on bags so they would know where everything was. Then I gave them hugs goodbye and they left with Bill to head to Las Vegas to see their mom and fly to Maryland for the summer. I already miss them. Justin was so cute, he gave me a tight hug goodbye. But Nathan, being the teenager that he is, did a partial hug. It was funny. At least I got a hug, right? :-)
I planned on going right back to bed after they left, but I couldn't, so I farted around on Facebook for an hour. Then I was so tired I was able to climb back into bed, curl up, and sleep until 10 AM. I exercised for an hour, got showered, and took the girls (who were asleep when the boys left and sad I didn't wake them up to say goodbye) to Alberto's. Alberto's is a YUMMY new Mexican fast food place in town. I had to drive the car since Bill had the van. Now the car has like zero accelerating power cuz it needs to be worked on again and that made for an interesting adventure around Cedar. :-) I probably had tons of mad people around me because, of course, I hit every stinking red light. I could just hear the other thoughts of angry drivers around me, "You have a V-6, go faster!"
We picked up some Alberto's for Jana and her kids as well and headed over to her house. With our girls not in dance class anymore, we don't get to see each other as often as we would like. It was so nice to let the kids play together and just sit and talk. I soooo needed that time. It was the best part of the day!
After I left Jana's I had 25 minutes to get the girls to Achievement Days. So I swung by Maggie Moo's (a DELISH ice cream shop) and we got some frozen creamy goodness. I dropped the girls off, ran home, cut out the fabric that I needed that night for Young Womens, woke Bill up from his nap (haha, sounds like I am talking about a baby), got his work stuff out to the van, pick up the girls and drive to St George AGAIN. Bill was going to go down today to St George, but they had an emergency load for him, so he had to leave yesterday. I drop him off, run to Best Buy (they were closed the night before) and picked up "Scrubs: Season 6" and headed back to Cedar. I had to be back by 7 PM for Young Womens, but that didn't happen. It is hard to leave at 5:30 from Cedar, drive to St George, and get back by 7. But the YW girls were great and understanding. Plus my girlies were soooo patient in the van for the long drive.
At YW we glued the fabric to our camp banner and drew all over our banner. It looks awesome! When everyone gets to sign it (some weren't there last night so I am bringing it on Sunday) I will take a pic and share it with you all.
While at YW I get a call from a dear lady in the ward who was asking me questions about how I make the baby rag tie quilts because she was making one. Then I told her to come borrow my special scissors because it makes the cutting easier and faster. I told her I would be home by 8:20 and she could stop by on her way home to pick up the scissors.
So naturally, 8:35 hit and I will still at the church. A lady came into the room and asked if I was going to make it to the Scout Committee meeting. It was then that I realized it was the last Wednesday of the month and we have a meeting (yes, I have FOUR callings). I told the lady that I couldn't make it and if she could take notes for me (I am the Scout Committee Secretary). I called the lady who needed the scissors on my way home (now 8:40) and she said she was just leaving Wal-Mart anyway. Whew! So I didn't miss her!
I get home, find the scissors, she stops by and gets them, and I finally sat down to eat dinner at 9 PM. I decided I deserved some veg-out time and played on my laptop until almost midnight. I told the girls they could sleep in the living room and I put on the Disney "Tinker Bell" movie. We had not seen it yet and I found it so cute that I couldn't stop watching it and stayed up until it was well past midnight finishing it. I love that movie!!
So, I thought life was supposed to be less crazy in the summer?? :-)
Thursday, May 28, 2009
A Day in the Life of Celeste - Brace Yourself
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
Celeste. ..
You are so cute :) Thanks for making me smile. . .always
love ya
I'm so glad that we got to have lunch together and hang out!! I miss you! We need to do that more often.
Post a Comment