When I asked her what her favorite part of her first day of school was, she said there were lots of things: Introducing herself to the class (and hearing everyone else introduce themselves); learning the class rules (she is the only kid who still LOVES school); the drawing at the end of day where Mr. Coonen drew two names out of the kids who didn't have any warnings that day (which she said he will do every day); and making new friends. I asked her who her best friend is and she said, "Kristen!" Also, Grandma Pearcy is the TA in her class this year! Yay!
Oh, and the first thing out of Lily's mouth when she got home from school was, "That was the BEST day EVER!"
Rebekah is in size 14/16 shirt, 10 1/2 plus jeans, and the kicker is her shoe size: 8 in womens! Yes, you read that right! Even though the shoes we got her seemed to run small and she is probably in a 7 womens in most other shoes, I am just freaking out! She is going to either be tall or have big feet. She comes to my nose when we stand by each other and I am 5'3".
Her favorite part about the first day of school was, "EVERYTHING!" I asked her to be more specific and she said tha she liked doing "Math Dude" (which I am not sure what that is, but I was glad to hear she liked a math thing - she is struggling in math BIG time). She also loved recess. Her best friend is Shaylyn.
He is wearing a medium men's shirt, 12H shorts, and size 6 1/2 shoes! Yikes! He is going to be tall! Watch out ladies! :-) In fact, he is getting close to my height! Which is not a big feat, per se, but still crazy for me!
His favorite part of the day was that he was able to rotate to different classes. And for that I am extremely grateful! Like I said, I was was afraid he would get confused about where he should be, but thankfully the school keeps the 6th graders pretty much away from the 7th and 8th graders and they don't switch too many times. It is kind of like a transition from elementary school to middle school. And so far so good!
I asked him who is best friend was and he said he had two: Chris and Roland.
He is the one who doesn't really like school, so it was no surprise when I asked him what his favorite part about his first day of school, he said, "Riding the bus." When I asked him why, he said, "Cause it didn't involve learning." The stinker. So I asked him which class was his favorite and he told me that he didn't have one yet. So I asked him how he liked being an office aide and what he did. He got excited and told me that he got to staple and 3-hole punch 140 papers. He loves the fact that helping in the office means no homework.
And his best friend, which is NO surprise, is Layne.
To start out their first day of school properly, the night before we had all the kids get showered and lay out their school clothes, put all their new stuff in their backpacks, and then it was time for Daddy Blessings. We had Nathan go first because he is the oldest and that is how they did things in the Bible. Bill blessed each kid and surprisingly, the kids were quite good during each blessing. More importantly, Bill behaved during the blessings. :-)
The morning of their first day, I woke up early, got out the muffins I made the night before and started frying some bacon. Then I fried an egg for Justin (Nathan does not like eggs). After they were full, they brushed their teeth and played on the computer for about 4 minutes before the bus got here. I reminded Nathan he needed to be nice to his brother and he said, "I know." :-)
When the girls got up, I had some eggs and bacon all ready for them. I woke them up after the boys because the boys' bus comes an hour before the girls' does. Lily was so excited to get up; Rebekah, not so much. She has NEVER been a morning person and it will make it difficult next year when she has to get up for the middle school bus. I brushed their hair and shooed them out the door because I had to be at the school early to sell t-shirts for the PTA.
The day went by so quickly. But I did manage to make some awesome spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner. Sided with a nice salad and it was perfect! Then for dessert I made a pudding pie with Oreo crust. It was divine!
I hope the kids have a super, fantastic year!












0 comments:
Post a Comment