When I asked the girls if they wanted to go to have breakfast with Santa, they squealed and began getting ready. But when I asked the boys if they wanted to go, they both looked at me like I was crazy and shook their heads. I have never taken the kids before, so I had no idea what to expect.
It was at Emerald Pointe; an assisted living place in town for the elderly. The girls have gone here many times when they were in dance class. This was the first time I was actually relaxed when in that building. Usually I was stressed trying to make sure I got a good seat (but not taking a place from one of the residents) so I could video tape their performance.
I wasn't sure if the breakfast was free or what, so I brought my checkbook (I had no cash on me). When I got there, I saw a sign that said it was a $5 donation for breakfast (per person) and the money went toward the Alzheimer's foundation. Kids 10 and under ate free. Even though Rebekah is 10, they were still going to let her eat for free. I told them I didn't mind paying for her; the money goes to a good cause. Then we were in a drawing for some prizes. We didn't win, but that was ok.
We grabbed our plates and piled food on them. There was ham, bacon, sausage, eggs, and pancakes. There were a couple different pancake toppings to choose from: regular syrup, hot blueberries, strawberries, whipped cream, etc. Then there were several juices to choose from: grape, apple, orange, etc. Also, there was milk and hot cocoa. The girls were in heaven!! Rebekah even mentioned that it was like having breakfast at a hotel.
At first there was no place to sit, so we were going to just sit on the floor, but some old lady saw us and found us a place. It was sweet of her. She was so short and petite. We sat down and we ate. The food was really good, especially the bacon. Santa came in later and walked around and said hello to everyone and got his picture taken with some of the residents there. It was cute because this one particularly elderly lady (who reminded me of my grandpa Anderson) was very excited.
After we ate our fill, we went and sat on Santa's lap. It was fun and I am definitely going to take my girls next year. I might end up convincing the boys to join us as well. When Nathan heard the words, "All-you-can-eat and bacon" in the same sentence, he was bummed he didn't go. He loves his bacon! :-)
Here are a few pictures from today's morning adventures:
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Breakfast With Santa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment