I entered these into a contest at the National Cookie Network. They were made for the month of November. Each month has a secret ingredient, and November's was Cranberries.
Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
(these cookies baked at 6000 ft above sea level)
Makes 3 1/2 dozen
Ingredients:
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (use four 1 ounce squares - melt and let cool but not harden. Or you can use Nestle Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate like I did)
1 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 to 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream the butter and sugars until well mixed. Mix in egg and vanilla. Mix in chocolate until well combined. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in cranberries, chocolate chips, and pecans. Use a size 50 cookie scoop (sorry, I don't know the measurement of who much it scoops, possibly a tablespoon) and scoop out cookies onto a greased cookie sheet (I used AirBake). Make sure the cookies are at least 1 inch apart. Slightly push down prior to baking. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for about 5-8 minutes, then transfer to wax paper on counter. When cooled, you can either scarf down or drizzle with orange icing.
If you want orange icing, just mix a couple teaspoons with enough powdered sugar to drizzle easily. Stir until lumps are gone. Then drizzle over the top.
One thing I thought would be good to top them with is cream cheese frosting. If anyone tries that, let me know how it turns out.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment