Today was one of the best days ever! Bill and I went out to lunch at City Cafe and Deli. I am totally in love with their BLTs. They are divine! After wards we did some shopping for the ingredients for our dinner.
Dinner Time at our home on Mondays is always interesting because the recipes are new. And sometimes they are hits with the kids and other times, well, they miss. Tonight's recipe is going to be a staple on our dinner menus.
The original recipe was titled: Chili Dog Casserole but we now lovingly call it Weenielada.
The only thing we did differently than the recipe (you will find at that link) is that inside each tortilla we put a little chili and cheese before we rolled them up. The kids all devoured theirs. Even Lily, who is not a huge hot dog fan, ate all of hers.
For dessert, we thought we would try Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars. These are definitely something I would wait until they are cooled all the way to eat. I didn't care for them warm, but the next day they were pretty good. Half of the kids did not care for the cheesecake filling. In my opinion, it was just ok. Now the crust of this recipe, that is something that I will have to find new ways to use with other dessert recipes. It was a stroke of genius to put mini chocolate chips in the graham cracker crust! Sooooo yummy!
Enjoy!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Monday Menu (December 14, 2009)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment