Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Monday Menu (December 7, 2009)

I wish I would have taken a picture of the Quiche we made tonight. It was divine!

Quiche (adapted from a recipe given to me by my mother-in-law)

1 9-inch unbaked deep-dish pie crust
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons flour
a little less than 1 tablespoon Chicken Flavored Better Than Bouillon (you can use chicken flavor instant bouillon)
2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken (we used rotisserie chicken)
3 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
1 cup milk
3 eggs beaten well
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
Extra cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake pie crust for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl toss cheese, flour, and bouillon. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into pie crust. Bake 45-60 minutes or until set. Sprinkle extra cheese on top. Let bake a minute longer. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.

I used a full tablespoon of that Better than Bouillon and felt it was a tad too salty. That is why I mention using less than a full tablespoon.



For dessert, I tried something completely new, with a bizarre dessert ingredient: potato chips. Now, before you start knocking it, you have GOT to try them!! They are very yummy!!


Peanut Butter Clusters

2 cups (12 oz.) peanut butter chips
1 cup (6 oz,) milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts (I accidentally bought party peanuts and they still worked well)
1 cup crunched up ridged potato chips

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt peanut butter chips and chocolate chips; stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts and potato chips. Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto wax paper. Refrigerate until firm (I just let mine sit on the counter; it is plenty cold this time of year). Store in an airtight container.

0 comments: