Wow. Today was eventful.
It started last night. I went to bed at 1 AM. While I slept, my arms fell asleep. Even though I know what it feels like, EVERY time I wake up and feel my arm is asleep, I freak out because it I think my arm is swollen. When I tried falling back asleep, I couldn't because Bill was snoring. If he was not having his own problems sleeping because of his neck and back, I would have woke him up and make him change positions.
My alarm went off and I had to get up to get ready for Bo's funeral. Lily went with me. It was a very beautiful service. I sang with the Young Women of our ward. We sang, "To Become Like Him" by Jenny Phillips. The only reason I sang was because Sumiko asked. I told her that I would but that I didn't even sing at my Grandpa's funeral with my family - I made Bill sing up there for me. So I kind of felt like I was singing for Grandpa, too.
After the graveside, Lily and I ran to Lin's and bought some groceries with the gift card that was given to us. I got home to find Makayla and Emmalee Gerber at my house!! Lily was ecstatic! Bonnie and Larry were down today for just a few hours. They are starting to move their stuff back down here. THEY ARE MOVING BACK!!!!! That is HUGE news! Bonnie is healing so well. It makes me so happy to see her walking again. Granted, it is slow and steady, but she is walking!!!!
We visited with Bonnie and Larry for a couple hours. After they left to head back to SLC, I made 6 dozen cookies to take over to the Cook's BBQ. I made chocolate cookies with mini Reese's Pieces. I also made snickerdoodles. After the cookies were done, I had about an hour to take a quick nap before the BBQ. Bill was already taking a nap in the bedroom, so I just took one on the couch. I can sleep through kid noises better than Bill's log sawing.
After the nap, we all went over to the Cook's. The BBQ was a surprise party for Julie Thornton. She is an awesome lady in our ward whose husband died less than a year ago and lives alone two doors down from me.
Tonight I studied the lesson I am teaching tomorrow. I am substituting for Rory's Sunday School class: the 12 year olds. I am excited because it is the class Justin is in. Tomorrow morning, I am making 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies and 2 Boston Cream Pies. The cookies are for Justin's class (and Lily's class since I subbed for her class last week and bribed them) and the Boston Cream Pies are for Mother's Day dessert for when we go to the Pearcy's for dinner.
I should be in bed right now. But I am up watching, "The Dudesons In America" for the third time. I can't help it. I laugh every time since Thursday.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Today's Activities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment