Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Monday Menu (8/23/10)

It has been a while since I have updated our Monday Menus.  I figure instead of trying to go back in time to catch up, I will just start now and if I add them along the way, then that will just be the icing on the cake!

I didn't have time to snap any pictures of dinner because we scarfed them up too quickly. So I am using the picture from the site: Gimme Some Oven.

For dinner, I made:  Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

 
I made a double batch (48 mini ones) thinking that was plenty.  I didn't know that they are not very filling and they seriously disappeared faster than donuts at a Weight Watchers meeting.  I also made a few smaller adjustments to make them to our tastes:
  • First, I sprayed each little mini muffin cup with Baker's Joy.  I love it more than Pam when it comes to bready or cake type things because of the flour in the non-stick spray.
  • Second, I didn't add any of the fresh basil (mainly because I didn't want to buy it) and then forgot to add dried basil but it turned out fine without it. 
  • Third, I made a few puffs without pepperoni for Lily before adding the pepperoni.  After that, I made some pepperoni ones making sure to have enough batter for another variation.  To the remaining batter, I added some bacon crumbles so we had Nate's favorite pizza type: pepperoni and bacon. 
  • Fourth, I put an olive in the center of a couple of the muffin cups for Bill and I.
  • Lastly, to scoop the right amount of batter, I used a small cookie scooper (2 tsp).  I have THIS one and I LOVE it!

I only baked them for 15-18 minutes instead of the 20 minutes the recipe calls for.  As a family, we decided that these are better suited for an appetizer or snack and not for a dinner main dish.


For dessert, I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Covered Brownie Bites.

Believe me when I tell you, these are very rich and chocolaty.  I personally think that I would have preferred using Milk Chocolate instead of the Semi-Sweet.  Definitely going to make these again!!

0 comments: