Thursday, September 9, 2010

Warming My Heart

Yesterday I was busy.  I got up early and got the kids ready and off to school, picked up a bit in the kitchen, worked out at the gym (ran a mile just a hair under 9 minutes!), helped out a friend, cleaned the living room, and some time around 1:30 PM, I was exhausted.  I did not sleep much the night before.  I laid down on the couch and started falling asleep.  Lily got home around 1:45 PM (early out day for Elementary School) and she set off to clean her room.  I started getting a bit cold because the window was open and it was breezy.  Instead of closing it or getting up to find a blanket (that would require me moving and waking me up more) so I just pulled my arm into my shirt and fell back asleep.  I remember part way through my nap, I felt that by tucking my arm into my shirt, that I started to warm up.  It wasn't until after my nap was over that I realized I as covered in Lily's blanket.  I asked Lily if she covered me up while I as sleeping and she said that it looked like I was cold and so she covered me up.  How sweet!

0 comments: