Thursday, November 4, 2010

XXXV

Today would be Adam's 35th birthday.  I wonder what we would have done for him if he were still alive.  I probably would have made him one of his favorite dinners and a German Chocolate cake.  I know we would have some friends over for games.  The girls probably would have bought him "Toy Story 3" for his present.  He was a big kid at heart.  I would have probably bought him some cool Star Wars toy or something.

He has been dead for 7 1/2 years, but I bet he would still be as skinny as a rail.  He probably would have had some gray hairs that I know I would have teased him about.

In memory of their daddy, the girls wore their cowboy necklaces with his birthstone in it.  I hope today will be easy for them.  We usually go buy balloons, write notes for him and tie them to the balloons, then release them into the sky.  This year we don't have any money so we can't do that.  I don't know what we will do instead.  Maybe I will just sit with the girls and talk to them about their daddy and tell them funny stories about his life. They love hearing about him.  I know they don't remember much because they were so young when he died and I think they feel a bit guilty even though it is not their fault.

I kind of numbed myself for today.  I was planning on sleeping all day, but I know he wouldn't want me to do that.  So instead, I am going to go to the gym so I can try to stay healthy so I can live a long, full life and be here for the girls and my family.

1 comments:

Evansfamily said...

Wow! Seven years....
I feel so bad for your girls. I was eight when my mom died and I barely remember her. I hope you are doing ok. HUGS from me :)