I stumbled across a blog entry today that makes me teary-eyed. It was titled, "Be Present: Ten years from now, what will have mattered to our children?" You can click here to read the article.
As I read it, I thought about the many times I am trying to do the dishes or make dinner and the kids want to talk to me about their day. Sometimes I listen halfheartedly and I always feel bad. I just get caught up in the moment of day-to-day activities, when one day, the kids won't be here.
So I am working harder and paying more attention to the kids. Last night Rebekah came home from Young Women's and had so much to tell me. I put aside the laptop and listened. One step in the right direction. :)
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Ten Years From Now
Posted by I Love Food at 10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment