Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas

Hello everyone! I hope your Christmas was great! We had a super-fantabulous Christmas!

Early Christmas morning (around 8ish) after having gone to bed at 4:30 AM, Bill and I could hear the girls singing. Before we went to bed, we had set a trap from the hallway into the living room so the kids wouldn't be able to see or get to their stuff so we could video tape them. We warned the kids as we put them to bed not to wake us in the morning. Well, Nate had other plans, he told the girls to sing Christmas songs loudly in the hall so it would wake us up. Well it worked. I grabbed the video camera and sneaked over to the cardboard trap and quietly lifted the camera over the box so I could video tape the girls singing. It was hilarious! They decided to sing a song then after the first few words couldn't remember how it went. So funny. Once they saw the camera, they started squealing. It was a fun morning.

I think this Christmas was one that spoiled our entire family! I am typing this from my new laptop! We had steak for Christmas dinner made on Bill's new bbq! The girls got new bikes, the boys got video rocker chairs, the kids got a Playstation 3 (yes that's right,
another game system), games galore, books, etc.

Oh Christmas Eve, Bill and I put the kids to bed, finished moving the new entertainment center into place, we went across the street to get Bill's bbq. We had to hide it over at the Cook's house so the kids wouldn't see it since it was to be from Santa. Well, it was heavy, it was snowing hard and was very windy. When we got it from their porch to the street, we pushed it on the snow covered asphalt and the metal jingled and jangled. I started laughing because it sounded like what a kid would think Santa's sleigh sounds like. I hoped the kids didn't look out their windows.

Aside from the fun of getting presents, this was the first year Bill and I decided we needed the kids to learn the fun of giving. We chose a neighborhood family that we knew were struggling and we bought them all sorts of fun things. The kids had fun wrapping the presents and secretly putting it on their porch. This is going to become a new tradition. I remember doing stuff like that when I was a kid.

0 comments: