Saturday, June 7, 2008

Christmas Caroling in June

So, it was about 10:30 PM and we there was a knock at our door. I was sitting on the floor by the TV painting something for Girl's Camp so the girls got the door. As soon as they opened it, I heard singing. I couldn't quite make out who it was so I walked over and there were about ten 16-18 year olds standing there singing to us. (Two of them are some young men from our ward.) They all were singing their own Christmas song. We stood there laughing and they just kept singing. And singing. I looked at Bill and started laughing. Some of the kids stopped singing, but Andy Nufer and Adam Cook (the two guys we know) kept singing, so some of the other kids started singing their song again. When Andy stopped to take a breath and start a new song, we started clapping. Then Adam asked us if he could borrow "Thumb Wars." He came in, so did Andy and a girl I didn't know. Andy and Bill wandered off into our bedroom and soon Andy was playing our drums. The other kids outside didn't know what to do so they got in their cars. It was funny. They played around some more on our drums and then left a little bit ago.

I think it is fun that Adam and Andy seem to have a good connection with Bill. At church, they always hang out in the hall so Bill can corral them to class and they can get gum from him.

A week ago, we had another knock at our door it was Adam Cook with two guy friends and a video camera. They were making a silly movie for youtube and needed Bill's help in it. So when it is up on youtube I will place a link here for it.

1 comments:

rockkinrobbins said...

That is awesome! Xmas all year long. Is it snowing there?