Monday, September 28, 2009

My Day

Wow, I had a very productive day!

I wanted to go back to bed after the kids got on the bus but I didn't. I pulled on my running shoes and went jogging. I finally was able to jog a whole mile without having to walk! I was so proud of myself! Then I jogged another 1.2 miles but walked part of the way. Eventually I will be able to jog all 2.2 miles without having to walk! And by then, it will probably be snowy here...

While I was jogging, Bill went and helped out a friend who needed a ride and then gave them two of our little kid bikes that our kids have outgrown. That is to save their two youngest from fighting over the one bike they had their size. (Last night we were at their house and it was quite a funny scene watching a 2 and 4 year old fighting over a bike - maybe I am glad my youngest is almost 9.)

After the run, I had some fresh pineapple and sat at the computer for a bit. I felt a tickle on the back of my neck so I reached back there and grabbed what I thought was hair. I brought my hands forward and saw that I had grabbed and killed some sort of bug! Ew, I shuddered just now when I typed that. It was gross and I don't know what it was.

After my body was no longer angry at me for putting it through some tortuous running, I then worked in the girls' room trying to dejunk it. I still have a long way to go, but I put a nice chunk into it.

Then Bill and I had lunch and then ran to Wal-Mart to get a few things to fix dinner with. We wanted to try some new recipes today that we found online (I'll post the links in a minute). Plus, the kids' bathroom has been having problems in the bathtub - the faucet was leaking all the time and the handle for the hot was broken off and they had to use pliers to turn it off and on. Yes, we are redneck. :-) (it was almost like a scene from this website)

Wal-Mart did not have the right plumbing **insert joke about Wal-Mart of check out this site** so we went to Home Depot and Bill spoke to one of the workers who has been a plumber for the past 20+ years and told Bill that he needed to remove the faucet stuff and bring it back in so we could get the correct stuff. Gee, why didn't we think of that before?

When we got home, we had 15 minutes to turn off the water, take the faucet stuff off, get the kids together, and run out the door to make it to Nathan's Parent-Teacher Conference. He is doing fantastically well in school! He has almost all A's and two B's! I am so proud of him!

Then we took the whole bunch of kids (plus one I was babysittting) into Home Depot. Have you ever tried to keep 5 kids occupied in a store where there really isn't much for them to do there? Well, I have. Nathan pretty much just sat there but he did help Bill pick out the new faucet. :-) Justin had fun for just a bit until he found a coloring book and crayons. It left us girls to our own devices. Just take a look here.

We finally survived Home Depot without being kicked out. Then I run to Wal-Mart, yet again, for something we forgot for dinner: tortillas. It is kind of hard to make quesadillas without tortillas. Oh and cheese - another staple for quesadillas. :-)

I drove to Laurie's house, got Kyle (another kid I was to babysit) and headed home. The first thing out of Kyle's mouth when he walked through our door was, "Train tracks!" He always plays with our wooden train tracks and LOVES them. He cracks me up.

I made two pot pies to freeze for later this week. Then Bill and I got cracking on dinner.... oh, that is after he so wonderfully fixed the bathtub's faucet. Yay!

For dinner, we made our own version of this recipe. Instead of steak, we had a pot roast that we cooked in the crockpot for over 24 hours. It was soooo tender. And instead of goat cheese we used pepperjack and cheddar. I am telling you, these things were delish! Nathan fell in love with his and snarfed it down fast. Well, he didn't have the corn relish on top.... but I didn't expect him to. Then, we wanted to try this corn on the cob recipe. I never though I would like it, but OHMIGOSH! It was divine! And for dessert we had these delicious cookie pies. Wow, we are so going to make them again really soon!

Now I am off to watch "Heroes" with my awesome hubby. Then off to bed...

0 comments: