Friday, October 9, 2009

Go Team!

Rebekah has always struggled with tying her shoes. On mornings where she is running late (which is almost every morning), I help her tie her shoes so she can catch the bus.... yes, I know, she needs to tie them herself, but I don't want her tripping as she runs to catch the bus. However, I think this is not helping her become more independent (it is hard letting our kids grow up) she will not grow in ways she needs to.

So this morning, I was helping her tie her shoes (when all that epiphany stuff hit me) and I said to her, "Rebekah, you are almost 11, I should not be helping you tie your shoes."

She said, without missing a beat, "I know, but it's teamwork."

I busted up and she looked at me like I was crazy (which, by some standards I am cuckoo). So she is just going to have to practice tying her shoes as a chore or something. Heaven help me now.....

0 comments: