Thursday, November 26, 2009

Bonnie

Ever since Bonnie's accident she is constantly on my mind. I am so happy to hear that she is slowly becoming more aware and healing.

I think about her several times throughout the day.

I decided to sit down and write about some of the things that make me think of Bonnie.

On the days I go running, I go past her house and I think about her.

Whenever I use my V CAST Song ID I think of her because of what Bill told me. He told me that he showed Bonnie the free program for her Verizon phone so she could identify songs. Well, I guess he neglected to tell her that you had to hold it up to the radio for it to identify because she complained to him one day that the program wasn't working. Come to find out that she was singing songs into the phone trying to identify what song she was singing. I still smile when I think about that.

When I see a long blond woman at the store, I wish it was her.

When I talk to a baby and my voice gets all high pitched and gooey, I think of how much I love hearing her talk to babies and find myself sounding like her.

Bonnie often made silly faces and when I make silly faces or see someone make one, it makes me think of her.

When I eat popcorn, I think about when she and I attempted to make Audree's white chocolate popcorn.

When I play Uno-Flash, I think of how much fun she is to play with at that game and the many times we played it.

Something as simple as cabbage makes me think of her.... and the time we ran to Wal-Mart and got all the ingredients for that Cabbage Soup Diet. We both didn't care for it much...

When I go to Maggie Moos I think about the times we would go there. The first time we were there together, we were with our friend Danielle and it was after a Relief Society Enrichment night. There was another time we went where we took our husbands and I wore a clown wig. It was so much fun watching Bill and Larry not wanting to stand near me with that thing on (which I kept on the entire time we were in eating our ice cream). Bonnie had fun with it and didn't care I was wearing a wig.

I remember the time Bonnie, Larry, Bill and myself went to Alberto's to eat. Bonnie was so cute as she tasted a little bit of everything. I have a hard time going there without her.

Apparently we ate out a lot. For a Girls' Day Out, Bonnie, Danielle, Lana, and myself went to Pizza Factory. Oh, and Bonnie brought Makayla. We had so much fun stuffing our faces as we ate a HUGE salad from the salad bar and our breadsticks.

There was another Girls' Day Out when we had lunch at the Garden House. This time Lana couldn't make it. Besides the delish food, I remember her holding Danielle's little girl, Ella. She just doted on Ella and would tell her, "I could just eat you up!"

One time Bill and I took Bonnie and Larry to Off the Cuff and it was a blast watching them laugh at the silliness. So when I see OTC members in town, I think about Bonnie.

One thing that Bonnie and I shared a love of was VeggieTales. We LOVED VeggieTales. When we were first starting to become friends, I would lend her the VeggieTales she didn't have. I loved hearing her sing "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." When we watch VeggieTales, I think of her.

When my girls want to build an indoor tent I think of when we were at the Gerber's house and her girls and my girls built an indoor tent in their house. I would stress that my girls would break something and she was so mellow and would say, "Everything is from the DI, don't worry, they can't harm anything." She let the girls be girls. So whenever my girls ask or make an indoor tent, I remind myself that the girls need to be girls.

Bonnie was my visiting teacher and one month, she gave me an awesome painted rock. I LOVE it and keep it by my TV. So now, every time I see that rock, I think of Bonnie and hope she will continue to heal well.

Bonnie has had a GINORMOUS impact in my life. Her healing has been miraculous so far and I am eternally grateful for Heavenly Father answering our prayers. There are a bunch of people praying for her. I am sure she has had a huge impact in their lives as well. Bonnie truly is one of the most awesome friends a person could have.

On this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for Bonnie and pray she will continue to heal well.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Celeste for your comments. As i read what you wrote it brought tears to my eyes. I to see every thing around me that reminds me of her. We got together as a family today for a short time and it wasn't the same for me. My best friend wasn't with me. But i am thankful she is still with me. Seeing some of her faces she makes,makes me happy. She made me laugh yesterday. it was so good to laugh with her. She is the very best and i love her with all my heart. thank you!