For dinner, I decided to make Bunk House Meatloaf. Granted, the kids have had meatloaf before, but the boys had not had this kind before and it has been YEARS since the girl had it.
Bunk House Meatloaf Recipe:
1 1/2 to 2 lbs lean ground beef
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/2 cup cooked oatmeal (quick oat)
3/4 cup cracker crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup ketchup plus 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
(or 1/8 cup Lea & Perrins Steak Sauce and 1/8 cup ketchup)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Mix all ingredients together.
Place in greased loaf pan.
Sprinkle with seasoned salt with pepper over the top.
Bake at 350° F for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
(I baked them for like 20 minutes in muffin tins.)
Even though I chopped the bell pepper really tiny, it still gave it a flavor that Nathan was not fond of - but he ate it anyway. Next time I will leave that out all together. I served the meatloaf with smashed potatoes and corn.
For dessert we had Cookie Truffles. I did not care for them much, but the kids LOVED them. We tried the Nutterbutter ones. I think I would like the Oreo ones better - maybe some other time I will make them.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Monday Menu (November 2, 2009)
Posted by I Love Food at 8:19 PM
Labels: CJ, cookie, cookie madness, dinner, meatloaf, monday menu, truffles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment