Today's kid news minute is about Rebekah.
Ahhh, what can I say about Rebekah besides that she is possibly the cutest brunette ever??
She has been struggling with math since 1st grade. She is now in 5th and still struggling a lot. But I did notice a slight improvement the last couple days. I am crossing my fingers that she is starting to have some thing click in her head. I have used all sorts of things to help her with her math. Flash cards, which did not do anything other than stress her out.
She is getting so stressed at school, I think, that she is getting sick again. Remember the end of last year and beginning of this year where she was sick all the time and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with her tummy. The Dr. in St. George figured out that she was making too much stomach acid and so he put her on Prilosec to help keep them under control. He had her on them for 3 months then took her off them to see if she stayed ok and if the stomach acid production problem was cured. Well, she did fantastic until the last few weeks. I took her into her regular doctor and they wrote her a referral for that gastroenterologist in St. George that she saw before. She has her appointment on Thursday. I remember the gastro doctor telling me that if she started getting sick again, that she might have an ulcer. I will keep you all updated when I find out more.
On a happier note, Rebekah just finished a book report on a 200+ page book called, "The Doll People" and she LOVED it! I often find her reading late into the night. I have to remind her she will be tired in the morning and that she needs to go to bed.
She is also becoming a very sensitive pre-teen. She reminds me so much of myself when I was her age and I am scared! ☺ God grant me the strength!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Really Rebekah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment