It has been almost 2 years since my last blog post. I kind of got bored with my blog for a while there. I keep thinking, "Oh, this would make a great blog post." But then I never write about it... So, I am going to write about what is going on in my life right now. You're welcome. :)
The boys left less than a week ago to go visit their mom for the summer. I miss them already. Yes, I miss those two stinky teenage boys. They make me laugh and see things in ways I never would normally see things.
While I was in SLC to take them to the airport, the day before their departure, I was able to visit with some extended family I don't get to see that often. It was an absolutely awesome evening. I wish we all lived closer but thus is life. I took some fun photos of the get together but I haven't gone through them yet. But all should beware... I am sure I got some awesome not-so-flattering photos of people eating! You will have to check those out on Facebook.
Today is the last day of this round of FGI8. FGI8 stands for Feel Great In 8. It is an 8 week program where you eat healthy foods, do acts of kindness, and lots of self improving. This was my 4th round (I believe) and even though I have not lost as much weight as I would like, I am still on the better side of the scale than I was a year ago. At my largest, I weighed 183 pounds. That may not sound like a lot to some, but to my small 5'3" frame, it is! Currently, I weigh 167 pounds. I am trying so hard to get to that 163 mark, just to have lost 20 pounds total. I am a work in progress, so it is ok. :) My husband has been doing fabulously though. Why is it that men lose weight faster than women? It just isn't fair! I blame Eve. Ok, so it isn't Eve's fault, but it just isn't right that men lose weight quicker. Although I am green with envy, I am proud of my awesome husband's weight loss journey. He started one round after I started. All in all, in one year, he has lost 51 pounds!!!! That is a small child! That is a sack of flour from Costco! (Yes, I use Costco items as gauges of measurements.) I am so happy that he is eating healthier and been able to get off of insulin! That is a HUGE bonus!!! No insulin means his body is healing itself! (Look away..... *awkward happy dancing*)
Another thing going on right now that makes me happy are my two girls. They have been doing great this summer with not uttering the words that every mother dreads hearing 15 minutes after school gets out, "I'm bored!!" They have been OUTSIDE and UNPLUGGED most days!! I love that more than they probably love hanging out with their friends and such. Oh, and another HUGE thing that happened this summer, Rebekah FINALLY learned how to ride a bike!!! Yes, she is 14 years old. Yes, she just learned how to ride a bike. And yes, I couldn't be prouder. I wish I could take the credit for nagging nudging her in the right direction to learn, but it was her friends. Thank heavens for great friends!!!
Tomorrow I get my permanent filling for the redoing of the root canal gone wrong, taking a left turn at hell and staying there to vacation for a month. I will have to blog about that another time. I am just hoping all goes well.
Rebekah leaves for the Trek on Wednesday. I am slightly worried that she will have a difficult time, but part of me hopes she has a slightly difficult time. Now before you think I am a nut job (which is also possible), I just want her to experience the joys/pains of the trek. I sewed her an awesome pioneer apron without a pattern. That's right, I rock! :)
Right now, Bill is making me breakfast and I am so excited to see what he creates! Then it is off to church to be spiritually fed. I love going to church. I look forward every week to getting away from the regular hubbub of daily life and feast on spiritual things. Sure, I need to feast every day, but let's face it, I am not there yet. I will be, one day. I am just happy when I read my scriptures every night for a few minutes. Which is leaps and bounds better than I was doing a year ago, where I would read maybe once a month. It is all in the baby steps. Next baby step: toilet training! Wait, that isn't right...
Have a happy Sabbath day!
Sunday, June 9, 2013
Hello, World! I'm Baaaaaack!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment