Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hugs

Tuesdays I help out in Lily's class at school. Last year there was a little girl named Chloe in her class that isn't in her class this year. She is just down the hall in a different class. She is a darling little thing. Whenever she sees me, she gets excited and says, "Hi Lily's mom!" I always smile and say hi back to Chloe. Well today I saw her in the hall but she couldn't see me because her back was to me. So I said, "Hi Chloe!" She turned, looked at me and gave me her great big, gorgeous smile and said, "Hi Lily's mom!" I turned into a classroom and she ran up behind me, into the classroom, and threw her arms around me. I gave her a hug back and said, "Thanks for the hug! I heard footsteps running toward me but didn't know why." She smiled her award winning smile - I could almost see the sparkling glint off her teeth like on toothpaste ads - and said, "That was a love hug!" Now it was my turn to smile. I told her, "I love you Chloe." She grinned and trotted off back to the hall.

I love moments like these.

0 comments: