Ok, I meant to update the blog with info about the kids.... and I got too busy.
So today is about Justin:
He is trying so hard in school to keep his grades up. And he is doing fantastic at it. He works hard at his homework, even though he doesn't like to do it. He knows if he keeps his grades up, he can play his hour a day of video games.
Plus, he won some sort of art contest at school and brought home his prize of art supplies. He was ecstatic! I remember a couple years ago, he had NO confidence in his drawing abilities. He would complain that he couldn't draw and thought he wasn't drawing well. I told him that he can draw and it can be fun. Well, he started drawing a squirrel he learned how to draw from school and then little comic book type sketches. He loves to draw now and does really well! He is absorbing all the techniques his art teacher is teaching him.
Speaking of him absorbing techniques, he is so cute because he tries to teach me the science he learns in school - like I never knew it, so I just go along as he "teaches" me. Today, Bill was making dinner and he handed Justin the hot frying pan to put in the sink and asked him to rinse it. He went to put cold water on it and I told him not to and to use hot water. He asked why so I told him that when you take something that is really hot and put cold water on it, that it can crack the item. Then he said, "Oh yeah! We just learned about this today in science!" And then went on to tell me about the science experiment. Which warms my heart because I really worry if he is able to focus enough and pay attention at school - and this shows he is!
Justin is going to be 12 in December and that scares me! He will be old enough to pass the sacrament! Yikes! Plus he gets to pick up fast offerings.
Also, Justin is so stinking cute because he is reading "Twilight" that he checked out at his middle school library. I think he wants to read it because he knows how much his mom, Kathy, likes it, which is so sweet of him.
He is starting this new thing where he tries reverse psychology on me and Bill. It is hilarious! For example, he doesn't like X-Files very much and Bill and I have are only in season 2 of the 9 seasons, so we are watching it often. Today we went to put in a movie for FHE and I was thinking of putting in "GI Joe" but he thought I was going to put in X-Files. So when I pulled out "GI Joe" and said that I was thinking of putting that in, he said, "No, put in X-Files!" So the other kids groaned (the disdain for X-Files is not just from Justin) and I said, "Ok!" He looked at me, grinned and went to act like he was going to put in an X-Files DVD. I told him, "Go ahead, I want to watch X-Files." So he kept pretending and finally I said, "Put in GI Joe." He smiled and said, "Ha, I did reverse psychology on you!" I laughed and told him that I was already planning on "GI Joe" and I can tell when he is attempting the reverse psychology on me. It is funny and obvious when he tries. But he is a good sport.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Just Justin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comments:
Justin-- I love you so much! Thank you Celeste for the post now I know what to get him for his birthday! Art supplies!
Post a Comment