I absolutely LOVE my husband! He is awesome!! Bill is really good at picking out soup recipes! He made Northwoods Wild Rice Soup and even though we had wild rice, we forgot to cook it first like the recipe said, so we ended up substituting uncooked minute rice and added some extra chicken broth to help it absorb the liquid... but we may have not added enough liquid or too much rice because the soup came out really thick. It was extremely delicious though!! I totally ♥ this soup! Oh, we also added some sliced fresh mushrooms.
We knew the kids might not like it, so we made them Meatball Subs and they loved them!
Now for dessert, I wanted to try this recipe from one of my favorite food blogs and we all LOVED it! It is called Crunchy Caramel Reeses Cookie Bars. It was so simple and easy to make. I didn't crush the pretzels like the recipe said because the lady shows step-by-step directions and it doesn't show crushed pretzels, just broken into hunks. One other thing, the recipe says 3 cups Reese's Peanut Butter miniture cups and it seemed like WAY more than she had in hers, but I am not complaining. :-)
And when she says to let it cool all the way, she isn't kidding. Even though it tastes pretty good warm, it tastes SO much better the next day. I ate WAY too much of this.... Someone save me!!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday Menu (November 23, 2009)
Posted by I Love Food at 10:38 PM
Labels: CJ, dinner, land o lakes, monday menu, peanut butter, picky palate, recipes, reeses, soup
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment