Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Reflections 2009

For Reflections this year, the theme was "Beauty is..." and so the girls set off to make stuff.

Today was the award ceremony.

This is Lily waiting for the assembly to start. (love the boy in the far left??LOL)


Here is Rebekah also waiting for the assembly to start. She is wearing her Indian feathers for today since the 5th graders did Colonial Day and could dress up if they wanted.

Here are my two winners!! In the 3D Art category in the Intermediate Division (3rd-5th grades) Rebekah won honorable mention and Lily won 1st place.
(See the cute, little 1st grader holding the "applause" sign? Well the poor dear had to pee and was too shy to say anything and within like 3 minutes of me taking this picture, the poor thing peed her pants, in front of the whole school.)


Here is Lily with her project. Her project is titled, "Beauty is recycling." I saw this project on Family Fun.com and knew she would LOVE doing it. She had a blast putting it together. I did have to help her with the glue gun though. Now her project goes on to District. I don't know if you can see it, but the little person has a halo. :-)


Here is Rebekah and her awesome rag quilt. Her project is titled, "Beauty is creating comfort." When she set to work on this blanket, she had her own pattern in mind. I will have to take another picture of it to show you. It is 6 feet tall and almost 4 feet wide. She was excited to win an honorable mention and now gets to sleep with it. She can't wait for me to wash it so the fringes will fray more.


I am so proud of my girls desire to enter into Reflections every year. Their confidence skyrockets when they get to create. Good thing they create all year round.

0 comments: